Research and performance that benefits the environment The objective of Hydros is to multiply the energy provided by the natural elements through the effective use of technology. The energy multiplier (see chart) compares the energy output of different vessels for a given wind force. The different Hydros vectors, like the Hydro Speed Tour, are designed [...]Read more
Aïmago is a privately held, investor-backed Swiss medical device company founded in 2008 as as spin-off from EPFL. Our goal is to improve clinical outcomes by providing health care professionals with intuitive and objective means to visualize and assess tissue perfusion and its related functional & metabolic parameters. This enables hospitals to establish objective, observer independent and traceable best practices that improve [...]Read more
By leveraging more than a decade of academic research work and leading edge partnerships in the field of micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), Lemoptix positions itself as a leading developer of next generation laser scanning and microprojection systems. Lemoptix, based in Lausanne, Switzerland, was incorporated in 2008 as a spin-off from the renowned Swiss Federal Institute of [...]Read more
WHAT HAPPENED IN 2012?
• The EPFL gives financial support to innovative projects with high potential in which its collaborators are involved: 9 projects were funded in 2012 by "Innogrants", for average amounts of around CHF 100,000 per project.
• The Foundation for Technological Innovation (FIT) granted 13 loans of CHF 100,000 in 2012 to PSE and regional high-tech entrepreneurs. The PSE, as a contributing member, is associated with the operations of the FIT in sponsoring nominations and supporting entrepreneurs to develop their business.
• Venturekick awarded about 1 MCHF of grants to 38 projects in Western Switzerland, 5 of them received the Full Kick of 130KCHF
• The seed funding company Polytech Ventures Fund SCPC made an investment in 2012 in the start-up Abionic SA, which is developing a new diagnostic platform for physicians and biologists to quickly establish the allergy profile of their patients.
• In addition, many start-ups based at the PSE or supported by EPFL / PSE have boosted their development and raised funds through business angels, family offices and venture capital funds. In total over 100 MCHF in 2012!.
WHERE TO SHAPE YOUR IDEAS INTO A SUCCESSFUL COMPANY
This new work space for entrepreneurs in a start-up phase just opened in May 2013.
This open space incubator will accommodate 20 to 25 projects per year, from the EPFL as well as other promising projects from the regional eco-system.
Get trained and be challenged by experienced entrepreneurs !
Hands-on workshops to jump start and grow your venture
The Business Creation and Business Development courses have been designed by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. They are an opportunity for participants, either in the early phase of creating their business or confirmed ones who are reaching new milestones, not only to learn all the tricks of being a successful entrepreneur but to learn from the best.
All of our trainers and coaches have real-life entrepreneurship experience and are here to help you with practical advice and coaching for your own project.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to defend your idea, make a pitch, improve or adjust your action plan, and we will provide you with some constructive feedback throughout the course.
YOUR SUPPORT NETWORK
The PSE cultivates an extensive network of external service providers who specialize in solutions for Start-ups.
This professional network is always in flux, changing and growing to suit the needs of our Start-ups. Some of the services they offer include:
Training in a wide range of areas such as entrepreneurship, leadership, finance, etc.
Accounting and administration
Intellectual property consulting
Human resources and recruitment